Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Cybereason IPO Plan: Emerging details about a potential Cybereason IPO are here…
2. MSP – Security Operations Center (SOC) as a Service: BARQ Systems is transitioning to managed services and has launched a Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS). The company expects to offer a wider portfolio of IT Services by 2025. BARQ supports customers across the Middle East and Africa (MEA).
3. MSP Software – Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR): More than 4,000 MSPs now leverage N-able Backup for Microsoft 365, the company disclosed. Those MSPs, in turn, use the backup software to protect more than 25,000 customer domains and over 900,000 Microsoft Exchange email boxes. N-able launched Backup for Microsoft 365 in December 2019. The platform competes with MSP-focused data protection systems from numerous N-able rivals.
4. Intel Expands Bug Bounty Program: Intel has launched Project Circuit Breaker, bringing together a “community of elite hackers to hunt bugs in firmware, hypervisors, GPUs, chipsets and more.” The effort broadens and deepens Intel’s existing open Bug Bounty program by “hosting targeted time-boxed events on specific new platforms and technologies, providing training and creating opportunities for more hands-on collaboration with Intel engineers,” the chip giant said.
5. CheckPoint Financial Results: Check Point Software Technologies beat estimates with a 4 percent gain in fourth-quarter profit, led by growth in its cloud protection products and consolidated cyber security platform, Reuters reported. The earnings surfaced a few days after Check Point acquired Spectral, an Israeli startup that offers developer-centric security tools for cloud and traditional applications.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar