Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. How Hackers Exploit Microsoft Exchange Servers: Mandiant’s findings are here.
3. M&A – MSSP Buyout List: Here are dozens of MSSP mergers, acquisitions and investments — including the buyers, sellers and investors.
4. Talent – MSSP: Infopercept has hired Cognizant veteran David Paris as partner, global financial services. Paris is focused on Infopercept’s European operations — with an emphasis on the United Kingdom.
5. Partnership – Managed Cloud Security Services: Data Storage Corporation is working with Precisely to “bring innovative security software solutions to the Data Storage cloud,” the two companies say.
6. Partnership: DRT Cyber has agreed to sell the Syrenis Cassie Consent and Preference Management solution in North America.
7. DDoS Attack and Internet Outage: While responding to a DDoS cyberattack, New Zealand’s third largest internet provider Vocus NZ on September 3, 2021 triggered a widespread Internet outage. Vocus said the issue was resolved within 30 minutes, Reuters reports.
8. Insider Risk Mitigation: Code42 has announced Incydr Flows, a series of automated actions that “effectively respond to different types of insider risk events,” the company says.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar