MSSP Mergers And Acquisitions List: 68 Managed Security Services Buyouts to Note
This blog offers an ongoing list of managed security services provider (MSSP) mergers and acquisitions that we’ve tracked.
At least five factors are driving the M&A activity, MSSP Alert believes.
- Talent: The cyber skills shortage is driving MSSPs to find talent through M&A.
- Threats: The growing, shifting threat landscape is inspiring M&A deals to close technology and expertise gaps.
- Speed to Market: Acquiring companies can often be a faster path into a new or evolving technology market or business region.
- Scale: Smaller MSSPs are merging to counter the scale of larger rivals.
- Growth: The traditional MSP market will experience sub-10 percent compound annual growth rates (CAGR) in the years ahead. The MSSP market, in stark contrast, is growing at an 18 percent CAGR.
Updates: This story was originally published May 7, 2019. It is updated regularly to reflect the latest MSSP-related M&A deals.
MSSP Mergers, Acquisitions, Buyouts: The List
Among the M&A deals we’ve tracked:
68. July 2021: Ernst & Young Australia acquired SecureWorx.
67. July 2021: Pixel acquired Cyphra for MSSP, application and identity security services.
66. July 2021: Cyber Secure Works and Zuggard merged to focus on managed CloudSecOps
65. June 2021: Evergreen Services Group acquired VirtualArmour.
64. June 2021: Deloitte & Touche, which has a Top 250 MSSP practice, acquired Terbium Labs.
63. June 2021: Cerberus Sentinel acquired Ground Control IT.
62. April 2021: Accenture acquired Openminded.
61. April 2021: Performanta acquired Identity Experts.
60. April 2021: Tesserent acquired Secure Logic’s MSSP business.
59. March 2021: Wipro acquired Ampion, an Australian MSSP & IT service provider that offers application protection, managed cybersecurity & DevOps services.
58. March 2021: Logically acquired Cerdant, an MSSP that supports more than 450 customers.
56. February 2021: Proofpoint acquired InteliSecure, a Top 250 MSSP that offers managed data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities.
54. February 2021: Green Cloud Technologies acquired Cascade Defense, an MSSP & Fortinet security partner.
52. January 2021: Atos acquired Fidem, a Canadian cybersecurity consulting firm with expertise in cloud protection, digital identity, risk management & security operations.
51. January 2021: Accenture acquired Real Protect, an MSSP serving Brazil and the Latin America market.
48. December 2020: Sysnet Global Solutions, a company that specializes in cybersecurity and compliance solutions for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), acquired the Managed Compliance Solutions (MCS) division of ControlScan, a Top 250 MSSP.
47. December 2020: Atos acquired Motiv ICT Security.
46. December 2020: A private investor group acquired SilverSky from BAE Systems.
45. December 2020: PDI acquired Cybera and ControlScan.
44. October 2020: BlueVoyant acquired Managed Sentinel, a Microsoft Azure Sentinel partner.
43. September 2020: Motorola Solutions acquired Delta Risk.
41. September 2020: Cerberus Cyber Sentinel acquired Clear Skies Security for cybersecurity assessment and penetration testing services.
Continue to next page to see MSSP M&A deals 40 to 21.