HelpSystems Acquires Security Awareness Training Company Terranova
This is technology M&A deal number 359 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
HelpSystems is owned by Harvest Partners, TA Associates, Charlesbank Capital Partners and HelpSystems employees.
Terranova’s training security awareness platform will be added to HelpSystems’ security suite, the companies said. It also complements HelpSystems’ email security offerings from Clearswift, Agari and PhishLabs.
A Closer Look at Terranova
Terranova specializes in people-centric security awareness training, according to the company. It offers a security awareness platform that organizations can use to target, evaluate and track their security awareness campaigns.
Key features of Terranova’s security awareness platform include:
- Course Creation: Organizations can create courses from Terranova’s library of security awareness, privacy and compliance topics or their own content.
- Custom Learning Paths: Organizations can assign different learning paths to different audiences.
- Employee Monitoring: Organizations can track, monitor and record employee progress and performance in real time.
Along with this platform, Terranova delivers managed services and other cybersecurity offerings. It also provides a partner program that lets MSSPs and MSPs incorporate its offerings into their portfolios.
Terranova addresses the “human element” in cyber defense, CEO Lise Lapointe stated. As such, Terranova enables HelpSystems to help customers continue to grow their cybersecurity skill sets and meet industry mandates.
HelpSystems: Previous Security, MDR Acquisitions
In addition, the Terranova purchase comes after HelpSystems has made the following cybersecurity acquisitions dating back to February 2021:
- March 2021: Alert Logic, a Top 40 MDR (managed detection and response) security provider and Top 250 MSSP.
- October 2021: PhishLabs, a cyber threat intelligence company that has email security, vulnerability management and data protection expertise.
- May 2021: Beyond Security, a company that delivers vulnerability assessment and management solutions.
- February 2021: Digital Defense. a provider of vulnerability management and threat assessment security offerings.
HelpSystems provides solutions to help organizations secure and automate their operations. It also provides a partner program for MSSPs and MSPs.