MDR Buy: Ernst & Young Acquires ElevatedPrompt Solutions
Ernst & Young (EY), a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, has acquired Canadian cybersecurity solutions provider ElevatedPrompt Solutions Inc. for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition enables EY to offer ElevatedPrompt’s managed detection and response (MDR) solutions to Canadian organizations, according to a prepared statement.
ElevatedPrompt is an MSSP focused on threat monitoring and detection. It offers the following cybersecurity solutions:
- Enterprise Event Management: Collects, aggregates and analyzes security event data.
- Incident Response: Helps organizations investigate security incidents and develop an incident response strategy.
- Security Monitoring and Threat Detection: Involves monitoring network traffic for threats and suspicious events.
- Threat Intelligence: Provides security insights to help organizations guard against cyber threats.
- Vulnerability Management: Detects and mitigates security vulnerabilities to help organizations improve their security posture.
ElevatedPrompt’s cybersecurity solutions are designed to increase visibility into systems, the MSSP said. They also provide continuous threat detection and analysis.
GoSecure Acquires EdgeWave
In addition to EY’s acquisition of ElevatedPrompt, MDR services provider GoSecure recently purchased inbox detection and response services company EdgeWave. With the acquisition, GoSecure has extended its MDR services into email inboxes.
Furthermore, GoSecure has added over 2,000 customers and 100 channel partners with the EdgeWave acquisition, the company noted. GoSecure also has added EdgeWave personnel across its sales, marketing, engineering, administration and service delivery teams.