MSSP and MDR Acquisition: SD-WAN Company Orro Buys eSecure
This is technology M&A deal number 569 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E has covered so far in 2021.
- See all technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here.
- See all MSSP merger and acquisition (M&A) deals listed here.
In this deal, Orro adds about 35 cyber experts to eSecure’s existing security team, eSecure CEO Rodd Cunico indicated. Orro provides embedded security solutions for networks, clouds, data centers and devices to more than 4,000 customer locations.
The buyer has a cybersecurity operations center (SOC) in Sydney, Australia and follow-the-sun support based in London, England.
A Closer Look at eSecure
eSecure provides information security and risk management services to Australian organizations. It also delivers the following managed security services:
- Cyber Incident Response: Ensures an organization can work with security specialists to contain and counter an active cyber threat or incident.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Offers security incident response and triage across an organization’s security platforms.
- Security Service Desk: Leverages eSecure’s partners and knowledge base to capture and resolve security issues at first contact.
- Threat and Vulnerability Management: Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, tracks and closes security vulnerabilities.
eSecure is a CREST and 27001 certified Australian cybersecurity specialist. The MSSP has three Australian offices and one office in the UK.
What Does the eSecure Acquisition Mean for Orro?
The eSecure acquisition comes after Orro has expanded to almost 400 employees following its July 2021 launch. It could help Orro capitalize on an Australian information security services market that is projected to grow by 7.3 percent in 2021, according to technology research firm Gartner.