MSSP Acquired: Cerberus Sentinel Buys True Digital Security
Cerberus Sentinel Corporation has acquired True Digital Security, a cybersecurity operations and compliance company with offices in New York, Florida, and Oklahoma. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
This is technology M&A deal number 41 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
- See all technology M&A deals for 2022, 2021 and 2020 listed here.
- See more than 85 MSSP mergers and acquisitions listed here.
Cerberus Sentinel Business Focus, Expansion
Cerberus Sentinel, a nationwide MSSP, positions itself as a Managed Cybersecurity and Compliance (MCCP) company. Key capabilities are organized into three areas:
- Compliance: Assessments, CMMC, FedRamp, StateRAMP, NIST and HIPAA.
- Cybersecurity: Security Risk Assessments, Penetration Testing, GAP Analysis, Vulnerability Scanning and End-point Monitoring.
- Culture: Awareness Training, Phishing Detection, Threat Reporting, Certification Training, Budgeting and Planning.
The firm has been acquiring MSSPs, MSPs and technology consulting firms at a rapid pace. Previous acquisitions include:
- December 2021: Chilean cybersecurity services provider Arkavia Networks SPA;
- October 2021: Risk management company Red74;
- June 2021: Ground Control IT, a help desk and managed IT services provider;
- December 2020: Alpine Security, a provider of penetration testing and risk management services;
- September 2020: Clear Skies Security, a cybersecurity assessment firm;
- August 2020: Outsourced IT services provider Technologyville; and
- July 2020: Merged with TalaTek.
Latest MSSP Acquisition: Deal Details
Under the terms of the latest agreement, True Digital will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Cerberus Sentinel. Rory Sanchez, CEO of True Digital, will continue to manage his team of professionals and serve as an executive of the company. True Digital has 70 employees listed on LinkedIn.
In a prepared statement, Cerberus Sentinel CEO David Jemmett said:
“True Digital is an exceptional cultural fit for the Cerberus family of companies. Together we will keep businesses safe as their managed compliance and cybersecurity, plus culture, provider (MCCP+). This acquisition expands and complements our team of deeply experienced cybersecurity professionals and executives, bringing our clients best-of-breed technology, proven processes, and people.”
“We have been working with the True Digital team for several months to expand our security and network security monitoring capabilities. We are delighted with the way their expertise and services enhance our MCCP+ security solutions. Our acquisition strategy is focused on bringing together global security talent as partners who want to grow with us as shareholders, leverage our security ecosystem, and are passionate about protecting our clients.”
Added Rory Sanchez, CEO of True Digital Security:
“True Digital Security is extremely excited to be joining the Cerberus Sentinel family. It’s rare to find a company and leadership team that so closely shares our culture, values, goals, and vision. This move will enable us to jointly accelerate the roll-out of our industry disruptive TrueSpeed platform, and continue strengthening our premiere managed compliance and cybersecurity services on a global scale.”
Concluded Jerald Dawkins, founder of TRUE-Tulsa and CISO of True Digital Security:
“As the founder of True Digital Security, I couldn’t be more excited about the next chapter we will write with the Cerberus companies and their leadership team. I’m more passionate now than ever about the potential that lies before us, and I’m thrilled about what the future holds.”