Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SOC 2 Compliance: Netsurion, a master MSSP that supports MSP partners, has achieved Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 2 compliance. With this compliance, Netsurion meets the five American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Trust Services Criteria for internal controls relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy, the MSSP says.
2. Research – Cloud Security: Fully 90% of companies are vulnerable to security breaches due to cloud misconfigurations, Aqua Security research finds. The research reinforces the growing demand for Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) tools, which help partners and customers to properly configure, monitor and main workloads on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and more.
3. ITSM and Cyber Operations: Activu has joined the ServiceNow Technology Partner Program, Activu’s ServiceNow integration allows IT and cyber operations teams to identify and resolve business-critical incidents faster and with less disruption to the organization, Activu asserts.
4. Supply Chain Security and Cyberattacks: Cisco Systems clearly explains how supply chain cyberattacks work in this blog.
5. Funding: Cyral, which develops a data security and governance solution for modern data cloud and DevOps scenarios, has raised $26 million in additional funding from existing investors, Redpoint, Costanoa Ventures and A.Capital and a strategic investment from Silicon Valley CISO Investments (SVCI).
6. PC and Printer Security: HP Inc. has introduced HP Wolf Security, an integrated portfolio of “secure by design” PCs and printers, hardware-enforced endpoint security software, and endpoint security services to protect customers from cyber threats, the company says.
7. Operational Technology Security: Mission Secure has upgraded its OT Cybersecurity Platform. The platform now features an OT SECURITY SCORE capability — which enables customers to efficiently focus resources on activities delivering the biggest impact for the next dollar or hour spent, Mission Secure asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar