Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 June 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding and Valuation Rumor – MDR: Arctic Wolf, a Top 40 MDR Service Provider, is seeking to raise a new round of venture capital funding at a $4 billion valuation, a report asserts.
2. Funding – Cybersecurity Training: Immersive Labs has raised $75 million in Series C funding led by new investors Insight Partners alongside Menlo Ventures, Citi Ventures and existing investor Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
3. Funding – Security Startups: Recorded Future, owned by venture capital firm Insight Partners, has launched the The Intelligence Fund. The $20 million fund will focus on seed and Series A investments in startups that are building novel intelligence data sets, collection platforms, and applications.
4. Security Consultant Faces Criminal Charges: The case involves network security company Securolytics allegedly launching a cyberattack against a hospital in Georgia, the Associated Press reports.
5. Ransomware Decrypted: Emsisoft has launched a decryptor for Avaddon ransomware.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Location to be Disclosed)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar