Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 20 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. New – MSSP Conference: Join us at MSSP Alert Live 2022 this September.
2. Funding – Zero Trust and Endpoint Security: ThreatLocker has raised $100 million in Series C funding led by global growth equity firm General Atlantic, with participation from existing investors Elephant VC and Arthur Ventures.
5. Cyber Analytics: Telos has launched a Telos Advanced Cyber Analytics (ACA) solution, which will “provide automated, actionable threat intelligence and attribution of malicious activity at speed and scale,” the company said.
6. ISAO – Public Safety: Motorola Solutions has launched an information sharing and analysis organization (ISAO) for public safety. The ISAO is aptly named the Public Safety Threat Alliance. ISAOs typically are designed to share threat intelligence within specific vertical markets or industry sectors. For instance, a CompTIA ISAO is designed for MSPs and IT solutions providers.
7. Cyberstalking: Former eBay security executiveJames Baugh intends to plead guilty to federal charges that he planned a cyberstalking campaign that targeted a Massachusetts couple whose online newsletter was seen as critical of the e-commerce company, Reuters reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar