Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Cyberattacks: Here are the latest details for MSPs and MSSPs that are seeking to safeguard customers from cyberattack fallout.
2. Russia-Ukraine Conflict Impacts IT Services: Here’s how Russia’s invasion of Ukraine could impact outsourced IT services worldwide.
4. Palo Alto Networks and SASE: Palo Alto Networks has introduced SASE solutions specifically designed for MSPs, the security company said.
5. Malware Code Analysis: Sophos has discovered code similarities between Dridex botnet and Entropy ransomware.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar