Atos, Merlin International Partner to Deliver Managed Security Services
Atos, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, and cybersecurity solutions provider Merlin International have partnered to deliver managed security services to government and healthcare organizations.
Together, the companies now provide artificial intelligence (AI) and digital transformation products and services delivered as managed services, according to a prepared statement.
Atos boasts more than 4,500 security specialists and a worldwide network of security operations centers (SOCs). It also provides a variety of security solutions, including:
- Active Defense: Allows organizations to use security intelligence and forensics to identify and neutralize cyber threats.
- Advanced Digital ID and Payment Technologies: Protect organizations against digital identity theft and payment fraud.
- End-to-End Security Governance: Helps organizations assess cyber threats and use industry-specific knowledge to maintain compliance.
In addition, Merlin offers the following cybersecurity services:
- Information Assurance: Safeguards critical data against phishing attacks, viruses and other cyber threats.
- Security Architecture and Engineering: Provides a security infrastructure based on computer network attack, defense and exploitation methodologies.
- Security Operations: Delivers network coverage, perimeter monitoring, vulnerability management and assessments, penetration testing and compliance monitoring and analysis.
The Atos-Merlin partnership combines Atos’ digital solutions and Merlin’s government and healthcare expertise, according to the companies. As such, the partnership could help both companies extend their reach in the government and healthcare cybersecurity markets.
Atos, Merlin Secure Government Contracts
Atos last month reached a $120 million cybersecurity services agreement with the Commonwealth of Virginia. With the agreement, Atos provides the Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) with cybersecurity services.
Meanwhile, Merlin in May won technology contracts from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) valued at approximately $200 million. The contracts require Merlin to help the DHS and VA maximize their existing technology investments and provide access to new technologies to drive innovation.
The global cybersecurity solutions market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7 percent between 2018 and 2023 and could be worth approximately $165.2 billion by 2023, according to market research firm ReportBuyer. Furthermore, rapid adoption of cybersecurity solutions among government and healthcare organizations is expected to accelerate this market’s growth.