AWS re:Inforce Rallies Partners Around Cloud Cybersecurity
Amazon’s AWS re:Inforce 2019 conference, under way this week in Boston, has triggered dozens of cloud cybersecurity news announcements, partnerships and developments specifically designed for MSSPs (managed security services providers), MSPs and channel partners.
Numerous Top 100 MSSPs are on-hand at the conference — including Alert Logic, Anitian, Cisco Systems, Delta Risk, Deloitte, IBM, PwC and Symantec, among others. Here’s a look at conference news and developments — as they happen. Keep checking back for updates:
1. VPC – Traffic Mirroring: AWS launched VPC Traffic Mirroring. The new feature allows partners and customers to leverage existing Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) to capture and inspect network traffic at scale.
2. VPC – Network Traffic Analysis – Part One: Riverbed’s SteelCentral AppResponse Cloud supports Amazon VPC.
3. VPC – Network Traffic Analysis – Part Two: IronNet Cybersecurity expanded its IronDefense functionality to support the new Amazon VPC traffic mirroring feature from AWS. With this new capability, customers can now replicate their AWS network traffic and send it natively to IronDefense for advanced behavioral analysis, the company asserts.
4. VPC – Network Threat Detection and Response: Vectra‘s Cognito platform now uses Amazon VPC traffic mirroring and integrates with the AWS Security Hub. Enterprises can now natively run the Cognito platform in AWS environments to rapidly detect and respond to cyberthreats in the cloud, the company asserts.
6. Kubernetes Security: Alcide announced general availability of its Kubernetes Advisor.
7. Symantec – Remediation and Threat Intelligence Automation: Symantec’s Cloud Workload Protection service now works with Amazon GuardDuty to address continuous assessment, automated remediation and enhanced threat intelligence, the company says.
8. McAfee – Cloud Security: The company updated its McAfee MVISION Cloud for Amazon Web Services (AWS) that will help customers “Shift Left” with “security to preemptively improve compliance and reduce risk within their cloud infrastructure,” McAfee asserts.
9. Cloud Firewalls: The new Aviatrix Firewall Network Service allows customers and partners to deploy Palo Alto Networks VM-Series next-generation firewalls, initially with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Transit Gateway.
10. Network Detection and Response (NDR): The new ExtraHop Reveal(x) Cloud is a SaaS-based network detection and response (NDR) solution for the cloud-first hybrid enterprise. Reveal(x) Cloud provides deep and continuous visibility, enabling Security Operations (SecOps) teams to analyze every transaction, detect threats, and respond to attacks, the company claims.
12: Agentless Threat Detection: Darktrace has agentless integration with AWS VPC. With VPC Traffic Mirroring, Darktrace Cloud customers can benefit from “real-time threat detection and autonomous response across AWS, without relying on agents, sensors, or logs,” the company says.
13. Endpoint Protection: Carbon Black added Amazon Web Services (AWS) and container protection to the company’s cloud-native endpoint protection platform (EPP).
14. Threat Detection, Hunting and Response: Fidelis Cybersecurity, a provider of threat detection, threat hunting, and response solutions, now supports Amazon VPC traffic mirroring.
15. Threat Intelligence: Sophos is previewing SophosLabs Intelix, a new threat intelligence service available through the AWS Marketplace. The service will be a part of the Sophos Cloud Security Provider (CSP) program for channel partners.
16. Security Analytics: Rapid7, a provider of security analytics and automation software, has integrated the company’s Insight cloud with AWS Security Hub, centralizing and automating high priority security alerts, the company says.
17. More News: Email me your AWS re:Inforce 2019-related news (Joe@AfterNines.com). We’ll give it a look and consideration for potential coverage. We’ll continue to update this blog throughout the conference.
Originally published June 25, 2019, Updated June 26, 2019 with items 13-16.