Fortinet Promotes SECaaS, Expands FortiCloud Cybersecurity Platform
Fortinet, an MSSP-friendly cybersecurity company, has added security-as-a-service (SECaaS) offerings to its FortiCloud portfolio.
FortiCloud now includes the following services:
- FortiGate Cloud: Cloud-based firewall management tool.
- FortiAP: Integrated and secure wireless access point.
- FortiExtender: Secure LTE wireless WAN extender that provides 3G/4G connectivity.
- FortiSwitch: Unified access layer ethernet switch.
- FortiManager: Network operations product that offers automated management capabilities.
- FortiPresence: Wi-Fi presence analytics and customer engagement solution.
- FortiToken: Identity-as-a-service (IDaaS) offering that provides secure cloud management of two-factor authentication (2FA) for FortiGate.
- FortiCASB: Cloud access security broker (CASB) subscription that provides cloud security analytics and posture management.
- FortiMail: Hosted email security gateway.
- FortiWeb: Cloud-based web application firewall-as-a-service.
Overall, FortiCloud now includes 10 management-as-a-service (MaaS) and software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings. It enables Fortinet partners to select various cloud security and management offerings to integrate into their portfolios and ensures organizations can work with a single vendor to protect their data, the company indicated.
Fortinet Updates OS, Expands Security Fabric
In addition to its new FortiCloud offerings, Fortinet in April released a new version of its FortiOS flagship operating system at its Accelerate cybersecurity conference in Orlando, Florida. The company also announced several upgrades to the Fortinet Security Fabric, including:
- SD-WAN: Provides on-demand WAN bandwidth measurement and other capabilities.
- FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW): Integrates with Kubernetes via FortiOS Fabric Connectors for container security.
- FortiMail: Applies FortiMail threat intelligence to Microsoft Office Exchange 365 Online emails.
- FortiGuard AI: Provides a threat detection and analysis system that produces threat intelligence used by Fortinet solutions.
Fortinet ranks first in most security appliances shipped worldwide, according to the company. It supports more than 400,000 customers, including enterprises, government agencies and communication services providers.
Fortinet Financial Results
In its fiscal Q1 of 2019, Fortinet’s financial results included:
- Revenue of $472.6 million, up 18 percent compared to $399 million for the same quarter of 2018.
- GAAP net income of $58.8 million, compared to GAAP net income of $41.6 million for the same quarter of 2018.
Company executives credited MSSPs (managed security service providers) for much of the growth.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.