Verizon Digital Media Services Adds Managed Cloud Security Offerings
Verizon Digital Media Services, the online video streaming and content delivery network (CDN) division of Top 100 MSSP Verizon, has added managed security services to its global Cloud Security Solution.
The managed security services provide organizations with access to Verizon security professionals who monitor and address security threats, according to a prepared statement. They are backed by a computer security incident response team that provides continuous security support and a cloud security advisory team that manages web application firewall (WAF) and HTTP Rate Limiting configurations and offers security planning support and recommendations.
A Closer Look at Verizon’s Cloud Security Solution
Verizon’s Cloud Security Solution offers multilayered defense for mobile applications and websites, the company said. In addition to the managed cloud security services, Verizon’s Cloud Security Solution includes the following offerings:
- Advanced Bot Mitigation: Defends against advanced, persistent bots that attack, abuse and exploit web applications, steal content, abuse account credentials and put an organization’s customers in danger.
- DDoS: Uses intelligent, real-time monitoring algorithms to identify and mitigate distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Domain Name System (DNS): Provides always-on DNS to ensure end users can always reach an organization’s website.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Encryption: Leverages TLS certificates to create secure HTTP connections so an organization’s data can be sent securely across the web.
- WAF: Protects organizations against web application layer attacks.
Verizon ranked third on the MSSP Alert Top 100 MSSPs for 2018 and was named a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Security Services. It also looks poised to capitalize on a rapidly growing global managed security services market in the foreseeable future.
The global managed security services market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18 percent between 2017 and 2026, according to industry analyst Persistence Market Research. Furthermore, this sector could be worth nearly $101 billion by 2026.