Qualys Enhances Endpoint Security Solution: What MSSPs Need to Know
Qualys has incorporated real-time malware protection capabilities into its Multi-Vector endpoint detection and response (EDR) solution, according to the company.
Organizations can use Multi-Vector EDR to scan system files for malware and automatically quarantine infected files, Qualys said. They also can scan incoming emails and web traffic in real time to protect against brute-force attacks, network exploits and password theft.
In addition, Multi-Vector EDR empowers organizations to monitor active applications and processes for malicious behavior to protect against new and unknown malware variants, Qualys stated. It enables organizations to automatically block known phishing web links to keep users and networks secure as well.
Multi-Vector EDR with endpoint protection is available via a public beta for Windows endpoints. It will be generally available in late May 2021.
Qualys Announces Leadership Changes
The addition of real-time malware protection capabilities to Multi-Vector EDR comes after Qualys recently named Sumedh Thakar as permanent CEO. Thakar had been interim CEO since March 2021, when Philippe Courtot resigned due to health reasons.
Furthermore, Qualys in February 2021 announced the following executive hires:
- Chief Marketing Officer: Andy Smith, a Centrify and Oracle veteran
- EVP of Field Operations for Americas: David French, who has held leadership roles at Transmit Security and Kenna Security
- VP of New Business for the U.S.: Pedro Vidal, a veteran of AttackIQ, Cylance and Intel Security (aka McAfee)
- VP of Strategic Alliances and System Integrators: Andrew Barnett, a veteran of Deloitte, Verodin, Optiv and Accuvant
- VP and GM for SME/SMB: Klaus Moser, a MobileIron veteran
Qualys provides cloud-based security and compliance solutions to over 19,000 customers worldwide. The company also allows MSSPs to use its solutions to offer vulnerability management services as part of its partner program.