VIPRE Security Group Launches Endpoint Detection and Response Solution for SMEs
VIPRE Security Group, an antivirus software and Internet security solutions company, has released the VIPRE Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) combat cyber threats.
VIPRE EDR Key Components
Key features of VIPRE EDR include:
- Threat Identification and Alerting scans files, processes and network activity for threats and notifies end-users about any threats it identifies.
- Exploit Prevention offers DNS protection, intrusion protection and in-browser exploit prevention.
- Correlated Behavior Engine allows users to track emerging or suspicious activity, surface threats and receive telemetry of all related activity.
- Endpoint Isolation isolates compromised devices on networks and ensures that only administrators can manage and interact with these devices remotely until an investigation is complete.
- Threat Incident Visualization enables users to view and address threat behavior from a central location.
- Remote Shell offers click-button reporting to give admins access to remote devices.
- Suspicious File/Link Sandboxing lets users detonate files and links in a private cloud sandbox.
- Integrated Vulnerability Management provides integrated app scanning and vulnerability management to help users close security gaps.
In addition, VIPRE EDR is built around the tenets of threat detection, investigation, containment and remediation, the company indicated. It allows SMEs to generate threat intelligence and receive recommendations on how to address threats.
VIPRE Partners with MDM Distribution
The VIPRE EDR launch comes after VIPRE in December 2022 announced an IT distribution partnership with MRM Distribution. This partnership enables VIPRE to offer its security products across the DACH region, according to the company.
VIPRE provides cybersecurity, privacy and data protection software used by millions of customers globally. The company offers a partner program that lets MSSPs and other technology providers integrate its endpoint security, email security and other security solutions into their portfolios.