CyberArk Launches Privileged Session Manager for Cloud
Privileged access security provider CyberArk has introduced a Privileged Session Manager for Cloud solution based on technology from Vaultive, a unified cloud security and governance controls company that CyberArk purchased earlier this year.
Privileged Session Manager for Cloud offers privileged access session isolation, monitoring and control for web applications and cloud and social media platforms, according to a prepared statement. By doing so, the solution helps organizations prevent unauthorized access and irreversible damage to critical resources.
Organizations can use Privileged Session Manager for Cloud to secure and manage passwords and other credentials for applications, scripts and configuration files, CyberArk indicated.
Key features of Privileged Session Manager for Cloud include:
- Cloud Platform and Web Application Support: Can be used in conjunction with a variety of cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings and social media applications, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Red Hat and OpenShift.
- Isolated Privileged Sessions: Ensures that all privileged business user and cloud administrator sessions are isolated.
- Privileged Session Monitoring: Enables organizations to audit privileged user activities within cloud platforms and web applications.
- Privileged Session Risk Scoring: Uses algorithms, machine learning and behavioral analytics to provide organizations with visibility into risky operations performed by privileged users.
- Transparent User Logon: Establishes secure connections to cloud platforms and web applications three times faster than traditional session management solutions.
Privileged Session Manager for Cloud is now available as part of CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution v9.6 and above. It is offered free of charge to CyberArk customers with Core Privileged Access Security user licenses.
CyberArk: Here’s What You Need to Know
Founded in 1999, CyberArk offers various privileged access security products, such as:
- Endpoint Privilege Manager: Helps organizations manage business users’ administrative rights and contain cyberattacks early in their lifecycle.
- Enterprise Password Vault: Provides central management of privileged account identities.
- Privileged Threat Analytics: Offers real-time monitoring of privilege-related activity.
CyberArk recorded $77.7 million in total revenue in the second quarter of 2018, which represented a 35 percent year-over-year increase. In addition, CyberArk reported its license revenue increased 36 percent year over year to $41.1 million during the time frame.
Furthermore, CyberArk has projected its total revenue will fall between $77.8 million and $79.3 million in 3Q18, which would represent a year-over-year increase between 20 percent and 22 percent. The company also has predicted its full-year 2018 revenue will fall in the range of $320 million to $324 million; this would represent year-over-year growth between 22 percent and 24 percent.