Acronis, a cyber protection and hybrid cloud storage provider, has added Microsoft Office 365 security capabilities to its Data Cloud Platform version 7.8 for managed service providers (MSPs). The new Data Cloud Platform release provides cloud-to-cloud backup for Microsoft Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online, according to a prepared statement.
With Acronis Data Cloud Platform 7.8, MSPs can perform backups directly between Microsoft and an Acronis cloud data center, the company said. They also can select the specific country and location of a data center and search backups to find and recover individual files or messages.
Acronis Announces Data Cloud Platform Updates
In addition to the integration of Microsoft Office 365 security capabilities, Acronis has announced the following features for Data Cloud Platform 7.8:
- Notary Cloud: Offers a blockchain-based service for file notarization, e-signing and data verification.
- Ransomware Detection: Monitors for malicious activity and suspicious behavior and automatically recovers damaged files.
- Physical Data Shipping: Enables users to perform initial backup seeding by saving the first backup to a local hard drive at a customer site and shipping it to an Acronis data center.
Acronis Data Cloud Platform 7.8 is now available.
What Is the Acronis Data Cloud Platform?
The Acronis Data Cloud Platform empowers service providers and their customers with access to backup, disaster recovery, file sync and share, notarization and e-signature services, the company indicated. It comes equipped with a variety of solutions, including:
- Acronis Backup Cloud: Protects any virtual, physical and cloud environment.
- Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud: Safeguards customer workloads and automates disaster recovery scenarios.
- Acronis Files Cloud: Provides safe file access, sync and share.
Furthermore, the Acronis Data Cloud Platform supports native integrations with various hosting automation platforms, professional services automation (PSA) systems and remote monitoring and management (RMM) tools, the company said. It also offers service monitoring and reporting capabilities.
Acronis today provides backup, anti-ransomware, disaster recovery, storage and enterprise file sync and share solutions used by more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses. The company has more than 50,000 partners and offers partner programs for MSPs, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), resellers and affiliates.