Arctic Wolf Networks' Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service has gained managed containment capabilities, the SOC (security operations center) as a Service software provider says.
The new containment services offer four benefits to MSPs and their end-customers, Arctic Wolf Networks says:
- Host-based containment enables rules that block the propagation of threats and prevent host devices from communicating externally, and with other devices on a network.
- 24/7 Continuous monitoring from Arctic Wolf.
- Containment reporting including monthly reporting and insight into the containment actions taken over previous periods.
- Containment notifications to users whose device has been contained.
The Arctic Wolf MDR service is available standalone or in conjunction with the Arctic Wolf Managed Risk service. The Managed Containment capability in the Arctic Wolf MDR service is available immediately.
Arctic Wolf launched a pure channel business model in May 2019, but the SOCaaS software provider did not explain how MSSPs and MSPs can potentially leverage managed containment capabilities as part of co-managed security services.
Arctic Wolf: Growing Capabilities and Partnerships
Managed containment is the latest in a growing list of services and partnerships that Arctic Wolf has rolled out in recent months. Key moves have included:
- expanding a distribution relationship with Ingram Micro;
- launching account takeover risk detection; and
- adding log search capabilities to the MDR service.
Although Arctic Wolf has growing mindshare in the market, the company faces potential competition from dozens of SOCaaS rivals.