Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Partnership: Box, Inc. and CrowdStrike have formed a partnership that includes a new integration between Box’s secure content management and collaboration capabilities with CrowdStrike’s AI-powered security CrowdStrike Falcon platform for real-time access control and threat prevention. As a result, security and IT teams can detect malicious files, ransomware and suspicious activity as well as configure security policies directly in Box’s administrative console, the companies said.
2. Cyber Threat Research: Trustwave, a managed security services provider (MSSP), has released comprehensive research shedding light on the distinctive cybersecurity risks facing financial services organizations. The report, “2023 Financial Services Sector Threat Landscape: Trustwave Threat Intelligence Briefing and Mitigation Strategies,” explores the specific threats and risks the financial services industry faces, along with practical insights and mitigations to strengthen defenses.
3. Online Security eBook Released: Bitwarden, a credential management specialist, has reinforced its commitment to cybersecurity education during Cybersecurity Awareness Month by releasing Hacker’s guide to securing your organization. Bitwarden partnered with ethical hacker Rachel Tobac to create a detailed guide to securing your organization from cybercriminals. In this ebook, Tobac breaks down the common techniques hackers use to infiltrate accounts and how to guard against them.
4. Free Cybersecurity Education Offering: CYBER.ORG, a workforce development organization funded through a grant from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), is partnering with the National Cyber Scholarship Foundation (NCSF) to expand the NCSF’s gamified learning program, CyberStart America, through the CYBER.ORG Range, a no-cost, safe, virtual setting where students can practice cybersecurity skills. To sign up or learn more about CyberStart America, visit cyberstartamerica.org.
5. Product Launch: Semperis, a company focused on identity-driven cyber resilience, has announced the expansion of Forest Druid, its community-driven attack path management tool, to include support for Microsoft Entra ID (formerly Azure AD). The enhancements will save cybersecurity teams' time in identifying and closing risky attack paths across hybrid identity systems.
6. Leadership Move: Sherweb, a cloud marketplace specialist, has promoted Laura Holdright to vice president of Security and Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC). She previously worked for IT companies such as BlackBerry, and both US and Canadian start-ups. She holds an LLM in business law specializing in privacy and regulatory compliance.
7. Product Launch: EnGenius, a connectivity solutions specialist, has launched the XG60-FIT gateway, a solution designed specifically for small business security and networking needs. With the XG60-FIT gateway, organizations can efficiently manage remote worker networks and branch locations, ensuring secure communication and data protection without needing dedicated IT teams, the company said.
8. Security Partnership: BT and Google Cloud today announced a new partnership focusing on an enhanced commitment to cybersecurity innovation. As part of the partnership, BT will become a managed services delivery partner for Google's Autonomic Security Operations (ASO) offering based on Google Chronicle.