Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Veeam Software has launched its new Veeam Data Platform, a single platform for delivering more advanced data security, recovery and hybrid cloud capabilities. In addition, the Veeam Ransomware Warranty is a commitment to customers that in the event of a ransomware attack, Veeam will cover the cost of data recovery up to $5 million.
2. Free Cybersecurity Tool: SynSaber has launched its OT PCAP Analyzer tool. The free tool delivers a high-level breakdown of the device and protocol information contained within a packet capture (PCAP) file. "The tool empowers analysts, auditors and anyone tasked with maintaining industrial security to visually read and understand PCAP files without digging through raw network data for relevant information," said Benji Vesterby, principal engineer at SynSaber.
3. Partnership Announced: CloudCover Re has launched "the world's first cybersecurity 'rent-a-captive' insurance program," CloudCover CyberCell. This cybersecurity insurance offering comes in partnership with Hylant Global Captive Solutions. "Unlike conventional cyber insurance offerings, the CloudCover CyberCell captive insurance program operates as a creative answer for any large enterprise or association who is searching for an alternative approach to cyber insurance that provide lower costs while improving the coverage limits," said CloudCover's Stephen Cardot.
4. Product Launch: Cyware, a specialist in threat intelligence platforms, security collaboration, and security orchestration and automation (SOAR), has released its Intel Exchange (CTIX Lite) product on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace. This cloud-hosted platform is a fully automated, connected TIP that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to automatically ingest, analyze, correlate and act upon threat data.
5. Cyber Companies Partner: Resecurity has partnered with Dubai-based CSG (Centre Systems Group) to accelerate channel sales growth in the United Arab Emirates. The partnership will enable CSG to offer threat intelligence, dark web monitoring, digital risk management, fraud prevention and identity protection solutions to large enterprise and government organizations.
6. Product Release: Industrial Defender, a cybersecurity solutions provider for industrial control systems, has launched the Industrial Defender 7.5 platform. This latest version of the platform offers a range of new capabilities that enhance industrial control systems' protection against cyber threats and compliance with industry standards.
7. Industry Accreditation: Skyhigh Security announced that Skyhigh Secure Web Gateway (SWG) for cloud has been granted Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Moderate Authorization. The FedRAMP authorization enables customers to implement Skyhigh SWG to provide continuous, secure access for users anywhere, shield vital government information and protect against advanced threats.