Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cybersecurity Road Show: N-able will hit the road with SentinelOne from March 2-16, starting in New York, with stops in London, Amsterdam, Johannesburg and Cape Town. Attendees can hear the latest from N-able executives, including partner resource updates and a security roadmap session to dive into upcoming features of the N‑able portfolio of tools.
2. Ethical Hacker Hall of Fame Inductions: EC-Council announced inductions of the top 100 Certified Ethical Hackers from around the world into its 2023 Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH) Hall of Fame. Selected from more than 3,000 applicants in 50 countries worldwide, each honoree passed the Certified Ethical Hacker exam with a score of at least 90%. These inductees were chosen based on their accomplishments across 26 different industries.
3. Leadership Move: Acalvio Technologies, a specialist in cyber deception technology, has named retired U.S. Navy Admiral James “Sandy” Winnefeld to chair its newly formed Federal Advisory Board. The board will be comprised of government and industry leaders and experts dedicated to advising Acalvio on meeting federal government requirements, as well as providing informed perspectives on pertinent defense and security issues.
4. RSA Announces Speaker Lineup: RSA Conference announced its initial lineup of keynote speakers for its upcoming conference April 24-27 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Speakers include Lisa Monaco, the Deputy Attorney of the United States; Rumman Chowdhury, a pioneer in the field of applied algorithmic ethics; and Dr. Michio Kaku, one of the world's most widely recognized scientists.
5. Industry Recognition: CrowdStrike announced that it ranks No. 1 in IDC’s Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security Market Shares July 2021-June 2022 report. According to IDC, CrowdStrike produced the largest increases in endpoint revenue and market shares out of 26 vendors in the report. This is the third consecutive time that IDC has ranked CrowdStrike No. 1 in worldwide modern endpoint security market shares.
6. DirectDefense Touts Growth: DirectDefense, an information security services company, announced that it has recorded approximately 30% growth across its services offerings in 2022. The connected systems/SCADA division grew by 100% year-over-year. the professional services division nearly doubled its yearly revenue as well.
7. Product Integration: Perimeter 81, a network security platform provider for MSPs, announced its successful integration with ConnectWise. Perimeter 81’s platform is now integrated with ConnectWise PSA (formerly ConnectWise Manage). The certified integration improves efficiency for Perimeter 81 and ConnectWise partners alike.
8. Cybersecurity Job Readiness Assessment: Vervoe, an AI-powered skills testing platform, has released a new set of Cybersecurity Job Simulations. Designed to make hiring an in-house cybersecurity expert easy, these simulations simplify the process of validating skills and enhance the candidate experience. Employers can watch candidates configure firewalls, patch vulnerabilities and investigate intrusions to ensure they have cybersecurity skills organizations need.
9. Mandiant-Nozomi Networks Partner: Nozomi Networks announced an expanded global strategic partnership with Mandiant to help industrial and enterprise customers anticipate, diagnose and respond to IT and OT cyber threats. Mandiant has expanded the number of certified Nozomi Networks experts on its global OT incident response team and will apply Nozomi solutions to further forensic analysis and incident assessments.
10. Industry Recognition: Versa Networks, a unified secure access service edge (SASE) provider, has been named a leader in every evaluation category in the Leadership Compass on SASE Integration Suites report by industry analyst firm KuppingerCole Analysts AG. Versa was distinguished as an Overall Leader, Product Leader, Market Leader, and Innovation Leader in KuppingerCole’s recent report.