Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Space Cybersecurity Success Reported: SpiderOak, a specialist in zero trust cybersecurity and resiliency software for space systems, has announced the successful achievement of flight heritage through the deployment and demonstration of its OrbitSecure platform in space. SpiderOak conducted rigorous testing of its end-to-end data security solution on a Ball Aerospace prototype payload currently operational in low-Earth orbit.
2.Cyber Fusion Center Launches: Inspira Enterprise has opened its fourth Cyber Fusion Center and Customer Experience Center to expand its global cybersecurity coverage. Located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, the facility combines a customer experience center, aimed at fostering innovation and creativity, with a next-generation security operations center (SOC). It offers a comprehensive suite of cyber threat management capabilities and is fully integrated with Inspira's other centers in India and the United Arab Emirates.
3. M&A Deal Inked: Dataprise, a provider of managed IT, cybersecurity and cloud solutions, announced that it acquired RevelSec, a managed service provider (MSP) headquartered in Texas. The acquisition will further expand Dataprise's national footprint and add high-value vertical expertise while providing RevelSec clients access to Dataprise's broad portfolio of services, the companies said.
4. Security Research: Even in the context of a cooling hiring market, the role of the chief information security officer (CISO) is maturing as organizations' technological needs and risks become greater and multiply, according to the 2023 Global Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Survey from Heidrick & Struggles. The report recommends that organizations and business leaders must recognize the critical role of the CISO and prepare for the future.
5. Cyber Academy Debuts: ThriveDX, a cybersecurity and digital skills training provider, has launched its new Cyber Academy for Enterprise. This academy empowers organizations to reskill and upskill employees for cybersecurity positions while also attracting diverse external candidates, simultaneously addressing the growing talent and diversity gaps in the cyber industry, the company said.
6. CISO Book Release: Lacework is addressing the disconnect between boards and security leaders by launching the first edition of The Modern CISO Network: Board Book. The book highlights insights from more than 140 board-ready security leaders, including the CISOs from Microsoft, Adidas, T-Mobile and CapitalOne.
7. Philanthropy Funding: Google CEO Sundar Pichai and the Consortium of Cybersecurity Clinics have made a $20 million commitment from Google’s philanthropy, Google.org, to help thousands of students pursue careers in the high-demand field of cybersecurity. The collaboration between Google.org and the Consortium will help expand or launch cybersecurity clinics at 20 higher education institutions across the U.S.
Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- 2023 International Cybersecurity Championship and Conference (IC3) (July 31-August 4, 2023, San Diego, California)
- Black Hat (August 5-10, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)