Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Cybersecurity company MainTegrity has released its MainTegrity FIM+ software, which can detect and help neutralize ransomware attacks, malicious encryption and data exfiltration. "FIM+ identifies attacks in seconds and stops them dead in their tracks. FIM+ also allows legitimate work to continue while attackers are prevented from causing major damage," the company said.
2. Funding Round: Upfort, a cybersecurity and insurance platform provider, has raised $8 million in a Series A funding round led by SYN Ventures, with participation of Eniac Ventures and Fika Ventures. This investment advances Upfort’s goal to simplify the way brokers and insurers sell insurance and shield their clients from cyber threats, the company said.
3. Actor Ryan Gosling's Name Top Malware Target: Online protection company McAfee revealed that Ryan Gosling, star of hit movie "Barbie," topped the list of celebrities whose names are used most by scammers to create malware or risky sites. McAfee Labs created the list by identifying the big-name celebrities who most frequently generate unsafe search results that could lead consumers to unknowingly install malware and jeopardize their data, privacy and identity.
4. Company Expansion: OPSWAT, a provider of critical infrastructure protection cybersecurity solutions, has announced the grand opening of its global headquarters and innovative CIP Lab. The official ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place on November 1 at 4:15 p.m. at SkyCenter One in Tampa, Florida.
5. Cybersecurity Acquisitions: WELL Health Technologies Corp. has acquired Seekintoo Ltd. and Proack Security via its Cycura cybersecurity business unit. Seekintoo provides cybersecurity operations center services to enterprise clients, equipping them with a managed detection responder service that assures 24/7 protection against threats. Proack is a provider of offensive security assessments, specializing in penetration testing, red teaming, social engineering and infrastructure testing.
6. Funding Round: Cranium, an enterprise AI security and trust software firm, has raised $25 million in Series A funding. Telstra Ventures led the round with participation from KPMG LLP and SYN Ventures. Both participating investors previously provided seed funding when Cranium emerged from stealth six months ago and spun out of KPMG with additional investment from SYN Ventures.
7. CISA Releases Cybersecurity Healthcare Toolkit: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) have released a cybersecurity toolkit that includes resources tailored for the healthcare and public health sector. The toolkit is available at www.CISA.gov/healthcare.
8. Leadership Move: Proofpoint, a cybersecurity and compliance company, announced that Rémi Thomas, its chief financial officer, has been appointed interim CEO. He will assume Ashan Willy’s responsibilities, who is stepping down as CEO of Proofpoint after seven years with the company to pursue an opportunity outside of the cybersecurity space.