Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS); managed detection and response (MDR) and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers; and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: BlueVoyant has named Amit Jasuja to its executive leadership team as chief product officer. With more than three decades of security leadership experience, Jasuja will guide BlueVoyant's strategic product direction, aiming to unify product lines and expand the company's share of the cybersecurity market.
2. Post-Quantum Cryptography Coalition Launches: To drive progress toward broader understanding and public adoption of post-quantum cryptography (PQC) and the National Institute of Science and Technology’s (NIST) PQC algorithms, a community of technologists, researchers and expert practitioners launched the PQC Coalition. Founding coalition members include IBM, Quantum, Microsoft, MITRE, PQShield, SandboxAQ and University of Waterloo.
3. Leadership Move: SonicWall has named Christine Bartlett as its senior vice president and chief marketing officer. Bartlett will oversee the global marketing team, with responsibility for building the global brand and driving partner marketing. She joins SonicWall from Cisco Systems where she served as the senior director of integrated marketing.
4. Security Partnership: Cloud service provider Expedient is partnering with Kyndryl, an IT infrastructure services specialist. Through this collaboration, Expedient's data center colocation and cloud infrastructure will enhance Kyndryl's cyber resilience offerings to customers, the companies said.
5. Product Launch: Banyan Security has launched its Zero Trust Clientless solution, specifically designed to revolutionize secure access within the healthcare sector, the company said. This new solution is poised to address the critical challenges faced by healthcare organizations in providing secure access to a wide array of centralized applications used for patient care and hospital operations.
6. Internet Mapping Innovation: Censys, an internet intelligence platform provider for threat hunting and exposure management, has debuted its Censys Internet Map. As the data foundation that powers the Censys Internet Intelligence Platform, the Censys Internet Map provides users with comprehensive, up-to-date collection of global internet infrastructure to empower security and intelligence teams, the company said.
7. CISA Releases Hardware Bill of Materials Framework: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released the new Hardware Bill of Materials Framework (HBOM) for Supply Chain Risk Management product from the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) Task Force. The HBOM product provides a framework that includes a consistent naming methodology for attributes of components, a format for identifying and providing information about the different types of components, and guidance of what HBOM information is appropriate.
8. Ukraine Defends Phishing Campaign: Ukrainian military entities are the target of a phishing campaign that uses drone manuals as lures to deliver a Go-based open-source post-exploitation toolkit called Merlin. "Since drones... have been an integral tool used by the Ukrainian military, malware-laced lure files themed as UAVs service manuals have begun to surface," Securonix researchers Den Iuzvyk, Tim Peck and Oleg Kolesnikov said in a report. The cybersecurity company is tracking the campaign under the name STARK#VORTEX. (Source: The Hacker News)
9. Cyber Education for Military Vets: Blue Mantis is partnering with InnoVets, a U.S. military veteran and Gold Star Family-focused business accelerator and hub. Together, they are delivering CodeX, a comprehensive program of cybersecurity and IT education, training mentorship and job placement assistance for military veterans.
10. Leadership Move: Panorays, a provider of third-party security risk management solutions, has appointed Devin Archer as senior director of Channels for the Americas. This move highlights Panorays’ commitment to expand its presence and drive business growth by bolstering indirect channel sales efforts to meet the rising demand for cutting-edge cybersecurity solutions in the Americas, the company said.