Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, July 1, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding: NowSecure, a provider of mobile app security and privacy testing solutions, has raised $15 million in Series B preferred stock financing led by ForgePoint Capital.
2. Ransomware Attack - Crisis Management: The City of Riviera Beach, Florida, apparently has hired a crisis management PR team after town officials approved a ransomware payment to hackers. The municipality is one of three Florida cities to suffer cybersecurity incidents in recent weeks.
3. Ryuk Ransomware - UK Warning: The United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has issued a Ryuk Ransomware Advisory. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) also noted the advisory...
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Fortinet's MSSP Strategy: CEO Ken Xie and CFO Keith Jensen share some MSSP-centric data points here.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.