Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, May 7, 2018.
5. Product Ban: China’s ZTE has submitted an application to the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) for the suspension of a business ban, Reuters reported Sunday. Washington imposed a seven-year ban on U.S. companies selling components and software to ZTE last month after finding that the Chinese telecoms company breached U.S. sanctions on Iran.
4. Cyber Insurance: Warren Buffett believes cyber security risks are going to get worse before they get better. He also doesn't want his insurance company to be overly exposed to the cyber insurance sector...
3. Connecticut Cybersecurity Plan: Connecticut is the latest state to formalize a cybersecurity action plan...
2. ServiceNow and Security Operations: At this week's ServiceNow Knowledge18 conference, we're exploring how the IT service management (ITSM) platform is extending toward the security operations sector. Stay tuned for updates from the conference.
1. Kaseya and Managed Security Services: Quite a few security vendors are on hand for this week's Kaseya Connect 2018 conference in Las Vegas. Stay tuned for the latest manage security services trends from the event.