Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Respeonse (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2019: We'll unveil the annual list and research during our MSSP Alert webcast today.
2. Ransomware Defense Training: IBM plans to invite city IT officials and municipal leaders to practice ransomware attack responses, StateScoop reports.
3. Cyber Insurance Coverage Concerns?: Some of them are outlined here.
4. Government Cybersecurity - SIEM: The Exabeam Security Management Platform (SMP) has achieved achieve federal Common Criteria certification, meaning that the SIEM platform is approved for government agencies.
5. Hackers Target Saudi IT Service Providers: Details are here.
6. WannaCry Attack Hangover?: Sophos describes the symptoms here.
7. Risk Management: OneTrust has launched OneTrust GRC, an integrated governance, risk and compliance management platform that delivers a measured view of businesses' risk portfolio.
8. Talent: Bishop Fox, a provider of offensive security testing, announced today that Mark Pavlick has joined the firm as head of sales. Pavlick will be responsible for overall sales growth and will help lead the company's sales program for its new Continuous Attack-Surface Testing (CAST) managed security services, the company said.
9. Illegal Network Access?: A former fire department chief is on trial for allegedly accessing an emergency response system while he was suspended by the city...
11. Zero Trust Remote Access: Odo Security has unveiled an agentless, cloud-native platform that allows IT and DevOps engineers to manage secure access to any application, server, database and environment located on-premises or in the cloud, the company claims.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent - Channel Chief: SecureAuth has hired David Woodward as senior VP of worldwide sales and channel.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North American Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York City)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.