Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, April 26, 2019.
8. Talent: DataGrail, a privacy management platform, has named Mikhail “Misha” Nikitin as its first VP of sales.
7. Breach Notification Law: The much-anticipated amendment to North Carolina’s data breach notification law that we reported on earlier this year (see here) has finally been introduced to the state’s General Assembly, according to National Law Review. Also, Washington State has updated its breach notification law.
6. Microsoft Office 365 Security: Microsoft is previewing Security Policy Advisor for Office 365 ProPlus. The tool provides tailored recommendations for specific security policies; data insights; one-click deployment of end-user policies; and monitoring and reporting on those policies.
5. Partner Program: Infosec has enhanced its Channel Partner Program for managed services providers (MSPs), managed security service providers (MSSPs), value-added resellers (VARs) and OEMs.
4. Public Cloud Security: Keep an eye on the Sophos Cloud Optix strategy...
3. Security Operations Center: HCL Technologies of India has opened a CyberSecurity Fusion Center (CSFC) in Frisco, Texas. The center provides customers with a single point of contact for the enterprise security lifecycle, from detection to remediation, the company says.
2. Hackers and Remote Control Software: It happened again...
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.