SonicWall, which specializes in network security, remote access and data protection, has integrated its next-generation firewall (NGFW) with the SentinelOne Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP). Together, the companies will provide a joint solution to help organizations automate data breach detection, prevention and remediation, according to a prepared statement.
Key features of the combined offering include:
- Automatic remediation of ransomware and other cyber threats.
- Cloud-based centralized management and analytics.
- Policy-based threat compliance, enforcement, quarantine and remediation.
- Threat detection with behavioral models and machine learning.
With the combined solution, IT administrators can create policies to determine which individuals must run an endpoint solution on their devices and add controls to ensure that devices are running an endpoint client, SonicWall noted.
In addition, the companies have combined the SonicWall Capture Threat Network with threat intelligence from SentinelOne endpoint security data to drive threat intelligence sharing, SonicWall said.
The SonicWall-SentinelOne solution is intended for end users operating Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and VDI, SonicWall indicated. It will be available for purchase early next year.
SonicWall Targets Channel Growth
SonicWall has taken several steps to accelerate its channel growth over the past few months. Channel Chief Steve recently moved to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) seat -- reinforcing the company's 100 percent bet on partners.
Also, the company in May appointed Michael Berg as its senior director of channel sales with a focus on Europe, according to a prepared statement. Berg, who possesses more than two decades of experience working with channel partners and distributors in Europe, is responsible for executing on SonicWall's channel go-to-market strategies, partner recruitment and development and distribution partnerships in Europe.
Also, SonicWall in April launched two initiatives to help its channel partners safeguard customers against cyber threats:
- SonicWall University: Provides role-based cybersecurity training and accreditation for sales, systems engineers and support team members.
- Global Marketing Programs: Enable channel partners to deliver cybersecurity solutions to address ransomware, encrypted communications (SSL/TLS) and email threats.
SonicWall introduced the SecureFirst Partner Program on Nov. 1, 2016, the same day it separated from Dell and became an independent cybersecurity company. Today, SonicWall boasts more than 17,000 partners globally that secure more than 1 million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.