Cysiv provides monitoring and management services backed by an artificial intelligence (AI) cybersecurity platform, along with product deployment and digital forensics and incident response services.
MSSP Alert is checking to see how Trend Micro will balance the Cysiv business with various channel partner and third-party MSSP relationships.
At first glance, the Trend-Micro/Cysiv strategy sounds somewhat similar Microsoft's investment and launch of Avanade in 2000. Microsoft managed to build that IT consulting business (in partnership with Accenture) without alienating partners.
Cysiv's managed security services portfolio includes:
- Advanced Threat Detection: Uses Trend Micro Deep Discovery Inspector and Analyzer appliances to help enterprises monitor internal and external cyber threats.
- Deception: Uses deception and decoy technology to lure attackers into engaging and revealing themselves and help enterprises quickly detect, analyze and address cyberattacks.
- Hybrid Cloud Security: Leverages the Trend Micro Deep Security platform to protect virtual machines (VMs) in Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms.
- Network Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): Utilizes the Trend Micro TippingPoint Threat Protection System to safeguard enterprises against advanced cyber threats, exploits, zero-day attacks, malware and phishing.
- User Protection: Safeguards end users and their sensitive information across all applications, devices and locations.
Cysiv offers managed security services that meet HITRUST CSF requirements and operate in accordance with U.S. and international privacy and security regulations, according to Trend Micro. It also uses a monthly, consumption-based billing cycle for its managed security services.
Cysiv bolsters Trend Micro's enterprise security offerings. As such, Cysiv could help Trend Micro boost its enterprise revenue growth.
Trend Micro posted 15 percent year-over-year enterprise business growth in the second quarter of 2018. The company also reported its gross sales rose 21 percent year over year during the time frame.
Introducing the Trend Micro MDR Service
The Cysiv launch is one of several recent moves that highlights Trend Micro's commitment to AI for cybersecurity, too.
For example, Trend Micro in June unveiled an AI-based managed detection and response (MDR) service for MSSPs. The MDR service enables MSSPs to leverage AI to retrieve threat information from multiple sources and analyze security data to stop cyber threats.
Trend Micro offers security products for data centers, cloud environments, networks and endpoints. More than 500,000 companies today leverage Trend Micro security products to safeguard over 250 million endpoints.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.