Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Partnership - Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Bird Rock Systems, a midmarket MSP in Southern California, has embraced Security On-Demand (SOD), for managed threat detection and response services.
2. APT - DeathStalker & PowerPepper: Kaspersky researchers have spotted new malware activity in the wild from DeathStalker, an advanced persistent threat (APT) actor that offers hacking-for-hire services targeting companies in the financial and legal sectors. DeathStalker was found using a new malware implant and delivery tactics involving a backdoor Kaspersky has dubbed PowerPepper.
3. AWS - Cloud Firewalls: Fortinet has announced new AWS integrations involving Fortinet's virtual next-generation firewall, FortiGate VM and web application firewall (WAF), FortiWeb. The latest integrations also involve:
- Fortinet Managed IPS Rules Powered by FortiGuard Labs
- FortiGate VM Next-Generation Firewall integration with AWS Gateway Load Balancer.
- Fortinet consulting services for AWS customers
4. AWS - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Okta Identity Cloud are now available in the AWS Marketplace.
5. AWS - re:Invent Conference News: See all AWS re:Invent virtual conference news here.
6. Partnership - Industrial Security: Nozomi Networks and Chinook Systems have partnered to provide cybersecurity solutions to protect industrial and critical infrastructure facilities across North America.
7. M&A TLS/SSL Certificates: Sectigo has acquired SSL247, the biggest SSL certificate and web security provider in the UK and France, and Xolphin, the largest provider of SSL certificates and digital signatures in the Netherlands. With the two acquisitions, Sectigo "significantly extends its sales reach and support for the company's leading SSL certificate solutions" to "thousands of additional organizations across Europe and Latin America," the buyer says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar