Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Potential IPO - Cybersecurity Awareness Training: KnowBe4 appears to be gearing up for a potential IPO (initial public offering).
2. M&A: CyberCX has acquired Insomnia Security as part of an aggressive push into New Zealand.
3. Funding: Cloudentity, a cloud-based provider of application security and identity-aware authorization solutions, has raised $13 million in Series A funding led by ForgePoint Capital, with participation from WestWave Capital. This round brings the company's total funding to $15 million.
4. Talent - Threat Intelligence: HYAS has named Jonathan Candee as senior VP of global sales. Candee's key priorities include expanding HYAS relationships with VARs, solutions providers, distributors, MSSPs, consultants and technology firms.
5. Partner Program - Application Security Testing: Roughly 50 new business partners from more than 35 countries have joined ImmuniWeb's channel partner program.
7. Integration - Legacy Application Security: ThreatModeler now integrates with Avocado Systems, a network discovery tool that identifies application communications between internal and external users. The result: DevSecOps can leverage Avocado to build a threat model for the application being interrogated.
8. Cyberattack Targets Chip Maker: Israeli chip manufacturer Tower Semiconductor said some of its systems were hit by a cyberattack and as a result it was putting on hold some servers and manufacturing operations, Reuters reports.
9. Hackers Steal $7.5M From Non-Profit: The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington reported a hack that drained $7.5 million from its endowment fund and funneled the money into international accounts, The Washington Post reports.
10. China Data Security: China announced an initiative on Tuesday to establish global standards on data security, saying it wanted to promote multilateralism in the area at a time when “individual countries” were “bullying” others and “hunting” companies, Reuters reports.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Proofpoint Protect Global 2020 (September 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar