Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Funding - Cloud Security: Orca Security has raised $55 million in Series B funding led by ICONIQ Growth with participation from previous investors GGV Capital, YL Ventures, and Silicon Valley CISO Investments. Orca develops context-aware security and compliance software for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. The company plans to launch a formalized partner program "in the coming months."
3. Funding - Data Privacy: Skyflow announced a $17.5 million Series A to drive growth of its data privacy vault. The round, led by Canvas Ventures, brings the total amount raised to $25 million over the last year and includes Foundation Capital, which led the seed round, Skyflow says.
4. M&A - Physical Security: ARES Security has acquired certain assets and contracts of Vidsys, which provides mission critical Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) software to government agencies, corporate enterprises, and transportation agencies.
5. M&A - IAM: Global investment firm The Carlyle Group has acquired iC Consult Group, a provider of Identity and Access Management (IAM) in the DACH region. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
6. PowerPepper Malware Detection: SparkCognition DeepArmor has proven its ability to detect and defend against the PowerPepper malware before a compromise can occur with a 96.35% confidence level, the company says.
7. Cloud Application Security: Dynatrace's software platform now features an Application Security Module for cloud-native applications.
8. Multi-Cloud Security Suite: Zscaler has announced Zscaler Cloud Protection, a suite of four services that "simplifies and automates protection for workloads on and between any cloud platform," the company says. The cloud protection platform addresses four key customer needs, Zscaler says:
- Continuously ensure secure configuration and compliance of cloud platforms
- Eliminate lateral threat movement with identity-based micro-segmentation
- Simplify and secure app-to-app connectivity within and across clouds
- Secure access to cloud applications without exposing them to the internet.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Security Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership - MSP-MSSP: EMBER IT has launched EMBER365, which "combines best-in-class information security and IT services, fully managed Microsoft 365, around-the-clock monitoring, rapid incident response, managed threat detection and response. The MDR service is powered by Red Canary.
2. Partner Program - Bot Detection Services: Netacea has launched a partner program for MSP and MSSP partners. The partnership gives businesses the ability to protect their customers from malicious bots without the need for training or integration, Netacea asserts.
3. Integration - Microsoft Teams Incident Management: An xMatters app for Microsoft Teams is now enabled for use in Teams meetings. The result: DevOps and on-call teams can now access incident details to collaborate and resolve incidents within the meeting, xMatters says.
4. APIs - Cyber Insurance: Coalition has unveiled APIs to help partners "quickly and easily integrate with Coalition, creating a turn-key solution for brokers and organizations to offer cyber insurance to their customers," the company says.
5. APIs - SASE, SIEM and MSPs: Cato Networks has unveiled the Cato Cloud API, which allows enterprises and MSPs to "automatically provision new sites and policies, and monitor Cato network analytics and security events from SIEMs and other third-party platforms," the company says.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar