Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - Endpoint Protection: WatchGuard is acquiring Panda Security.
2. M&A Update: Forescout Technologies $1.9 billion buyout by private equity firm Advent International and Crosspoint Capital Partners is moving forward, now that a "go shop" period has expired with no rival offers emerging, the companies say.
3. PwndLocker Ransomware Decryption: Details are here from Emsisoft.
4. Education - Cyber Operations: Cedarville University received approval from the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the Higher Learning Commission to offer a cyber operations major, effective in the fall 2020 semester. The cyber operations major will consist of eight new courses, along with other required computer science and computer engineering courses.
5. T-Mobile Cyber Breach: Details are here.
6. Legislation - Data Leaks: The city of Washington, D.C., is set to strengthen its data-breach laws -- giving local authorities greater prosecutorial power against companies that expose their customers’ sensitive data, StateScoop reports.
7. Turbotax Scam: It's described here.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado). Canceled
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York). Canceled
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar