Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - MSSP and Vulnerability Management: Secureworks is acquiring Delve, a provider of vulnerability management software.
2. Private Equity - Privileged Access Management (PAM): Cove Hill Partners has invested in SecureLink, a provider of vendor privileged access management (VPAM). Upon closing, Cove Hill will become SecureLink’s majority owner, with Vista Equity Partners maintaining a minority stake in the company.
3. Ransomware Attacks Connecticut School System: Hartford Public Schools had to delay its opening after suffering a ransomware attack.
4. Container Security: NeuVector's Red Hat OpenShift-integrated container security platform is now available through Red Hat Marketplace.
5. Education and Mentoring: Spark Mindset Inc. has launched the Cyber Space Virtual Academy Program, aimed to prepare 9th- 12th grade students for a career in cybersecurity. The two year virtual hybrid program prepares high school students for cybersecurity careers or a pathway towards a 2- or 4-year college.
6. Security - SQL Server and VMware: Netwrix has upgraded its Auditor software, which helps organizations control access to their SQL Server and VMware environments.
7. Partnership - Threat Hunting: Deepcase, a provider of threat hunting, Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) services headquartered in Ankara, Turkey, has agreed to resell and distribute VMRay's malware detection and analysis software.
8. TikTok Spyware: Zscaler has published a detailed analysis of spyware masquerading as TikTok.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Proofpoint Protect Global 2020 (September 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar