Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Rumor - M&A Negotiations: Palo Alto Networks is seeking to acquire application security startup Cider Security for roughly $200 million, CTech reported. The rumor surfaces after M&A discussions between Palo Alto Networks and Apiiro broke down, CTech reported.
2. Microsoft 365 Security Recommendations: The CISA has issued requests for comment (RFCs) on eight Microsoft 365 security configuration baselines.
3. Microsoft Managed XDR Partner: BlueVoyant, a Top 250 MSSP, has achieved Microsoft verified Managed Extended Detection and Response (MXDR) solution status.
5. Top 10 Trending Threats for October 2022: Red Canary's analysis is here...
7. Microsoft Data Exposure - How Big?: A Misconfigured Microsoft Azure server exposed customer data, but Microsoft and a third-party security researcher disagree over the size and scope of the issue, SC Media reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)