Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Insight Enterprises, a Fortune 500 solutions integrator has expanded its managed security service with new extended detection and response (XDR) capabilities. Insight did not disclose if it is leveraging third-party XDR software partnerships.
2. Partner Program - SOC as a Service: inSOC has launched a new sales and enablement program for MSP and MSSP partners. The bespoke sales and marketing enablement services are "tailored to meet each partner's unique clientele and business requirements," the company said. To qualify for this program, MSPs must use inSOC's MSP Protect and meet the minimum monthly revenue requirement.
3. Partner Program: Neustar Security Services has expanded its partner ecosystem across key technology hubs in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, the company said. New partners include CyberArm in Lebanon; Infinity IT in the Netherlands; Arcane BT in Turkey; Caretower, an Integrity 360 Company, in the UK; and K-Tel in Germany, Neustar said.
4. Partnership - MSSP and MDR Services for Microsoft Azure: Difenda now offers eight managed and professional security services on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. The managed services offerings include MDR for IT, MDR for OT, M-SIEM and M-EDR. The professional services options include Azure Sentinel Design & Implementation, Defender for Endpoint Design and Implementation, End to End Microsoft security roadmap assessments, and Microsoft IP&G.
5. Partnership - Human Cyber Risk Reduction: Booz Allen Hamilton’s Commercial team will leverage Elevate Security's insider risk management solution to "deliver rapid risk assessments and provide deep visibility to organization-wide internal cyber risk," the companies said.
7. Mobile Cloud Security: CWSI, will "reduce over-permission risks for businesses in the UK and Ireland with the launch of Microsoft Entra Permissions Management," the company said.
8. Cloud Security Center: Radware has launched a cloud security center in Milan, Italy. The center will offer customers protection from the OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks for 2021, Radware said.
9. Research - Hacker Efficiency: More than half of hackers could execute an end-to-end attack – from compromise to data exfiltration – in less than a day, according to new research from Bishop Fox and SANS.
10. Research - Point of Sale (POS) Threat Actors: The Prilex threat group, famous for stealing millions of dollars from banks, has substantially evolved its tools and business strategies to target Point of Sales (PoS) terminals, Kaspersky reported.
11. Research - Internet Security Report: WatchGuard's Q2 2022 findings are here.
12. Startup Funding: Cloudflare announced a "new funding program for startups in partnership with leading venture capital investors." The Workers Launchpad Funding Program, in partnership with 26 venture capital firms, will provide up to $1.25 billion of financing to startups building applications on Cloudflare Workers, the company said.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Women In Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)