MSSP Alert’s editorial team welcomes story pitches, news tips, and plenty more. Our team includes…
Jim Masters, Managing Editor, MSSP Alert: Jim oversees daily content for MSSP Alert, tracking cybersecurity market opportunities, challenges and strategies for security-driven service providers. He previously was an internal communications manager for Accenture, the global professional services, technology and cybersecurity service provider. Earlier, Jim was an investigative reporter, editor and journalist for leading midwest newspapers.
Joe Panettieri, Executive VP and Editorial Director, MSSP Alert: Joe is co-founder MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E. He oversees our strategic content direction — including online, research and in-person events. Joe previously co-founded MSPmentor, The VAR Guy and Talkin’ Cloud. Earlier, Joe held executive- and senior-level editorial positions at CMP Media (Windows Magazine, InformationWeek), NYIT, Penton Media and Ziff Davis Media (Smart Partner).
Dan Kobialka, senior contributing editor: Dan covers MSSP and SOC (security operations center) issues for MSSP Alert. His areas of expertise include partner programs and outsourced IT. Dan holds a M.A. in Print and Multimedia Journalism from Emerson College and a B.A. in English from Bridgewater State University. In his free time, Dan enjoys jogging, traveling, playing sports, touring breweries and watching football.
- Email: email@example.com. Please cc: Joe on story pitches, etc.
- LinkedIn: Link with Dan
- Twitter: @dkobialka
Doug Kass, senior contributing editor: Doug covers government policy, security standards, compliance and research for MSSP Alert. Kass has launched, built and sold a range of IT media and research assets, and he is one of the IT channel’s most seasoned reporters and editors.
- Twitter: @DHKView
Additional Contributors: Our roster of contributors includes experts from Anitian, CEB Global, DeltaRisk, ESG, Hunton & Williams, ISACA, KuppingerCole, Patterson Belknap, Sogeti and more.
How to Work with MSSP Alert
A few tips about our editorial content…
- Our Focus: MSSP Alert pinpoints best practices, trends and news in the managed security services provider market. We cover the steps MSSPs take to safeguard customer assets.
- Vendor Coverage: Yes, we cover all types of technology companies (hardware, software, IT services, cloud, etc.) with an emphasis on managed security services
- Daily Content: MSSP Alert is updated multiple times daily with breaking news, analysis, research and though-leadership pieces.
- Newsletter: Our daily newsletter typically reaches reader inboxes around noon ET each business day.
- Contact Us: Reach out to Content Czar Joe Panettieri (Joe@AfterNines.com) for all story pitches, content questions, etc.