Accenture Buys Deja vu Security, Eyes Internet of Things Market
Accenture has purchased Deja vu Security, a company that provides security design and testing of enterprise software platforms and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, for an undisclosed sum. The company will incorporate Deja vu Security’s portfolio into Accenture Security’s Cyber Defense offerings.
Deja vu Security offers services to help organizations integrate security throughout the application and product development lifecycles, and these services include:
- Advisory: Enable organizations to build and deploy connected products, systems and applications security programs.
- Application Security: Consist of security training, threat modeling, penetration testing and other end-to-end security services.
- Embedded Device and IoT Security: Offer full-scope security assessments of embedded device and IoT projects.
Deja vu Security also possesses strong cybersecurity expertise, Accenture Security Senior Managing Director Kelly Bissell stated. As such, Deja vu Security could help Accenture Security enhance its Cyber Defense offerings.
A Closer Look at Accenture Security Cyber Defense
Accenture Security Cyber Defense helps organizations improve their security posture and guard against evolving cyber threats, the company said. It offers the following security capabilities:
- Advanced attack and readiness operations.
- Cyber operational resilience.
- Cyber threat intelligence.
- Digital forensics, incident response and threat hunting.
- Security engineering.
Cyber Defense also is backed by Accenture Security’s cyber defense incubation centers, which provide managed security services, analytics and intelligent automation capabilities.
Accenture and the IoT Security Market
Accenture, a Top 100 MSSP, recently has targeted managed security services market growth, and the addition of Deja vu Security could help the company capitalize on the rising demand for IoT security services as well.
Global IoT security market revenues are expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 33.7 percent between 2018 and 2023, industry analyst MarketsandMarkets has projected. These revenues also could total $35.2 billion by 2023.