Qualys Acquires Cloud Applications Management Provider Adya
Qualys, a cloud-based security and compliance solutions provider, has acquired cloud applications management company Adya for an undisclosed sum. The company also has named Adya co-founders Deepak Balakrishna as its CTO for software-as-a-service (SaaS) security and Amit Agarwal as its VP of engineering for SaaS security.
Qualys plans to integrate Adya security, compliance and administration capabilities into the Qualys Cloud Platform. By doing so, organizations will be able to use the Qualys Cloud Platform to manage their SaaS applications from one console.
A Closer Look at Adya
Adya offers solutions to help organizations streamline SaaS applications management. Key features of Adya’s solutions include:
- Administration: Manage access to SaaS applications based on role.
- Auditing and Reporting: Provide pre-built and custom reports for auditing and compliance.
- License Management: Track SaaS app usage.
- Security and Compliance: Obtain visibility into data exposure and dangerous apps.
Qualys expects Adya’s solutions to be integrated into the Qualys Cloud Platform and commercially available by the end of September.
What Is the Qualys Cloud Platform?
The Qualys Cloud Platform offers IT, security and compliance capabilities. It is delivered via a public or private cloud and allows organizations to consistently monitor and evaluate their security posture.
Key features of the Qualys Cloud Platform include:
- Continuous Threat Monitoring: Identifies potential threats and sends real-time alerts.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Automatically collects and analyzes security and compliance data.
- Public Cloud Integrations: Offers public cloud integrations with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- Sensors: Provide 2-second visibility into an organization’s IT assets; Qualys Cloud Platform sensors can be deployed on premises, at endpoints, on mobile devices, in containers or in the cloud.
More than 10,300 businesses use the Qualys Cloud Platform to track over 1 trillion security events annually.