RSA: New Owner, 3 Cybersecurity Focus Areas: SIEM, IAM and…
Private equity firm Symphony Technology Group (STG) has completed its acquisition of pure-play cybersecurity company RSA from Dell Technologies, according to a prepared statement. The RSA acquisition was announced earlier this year and valued at $2.08 billion.
RSA will operate as an independent company going forward, the business said. It will explore ways to help its customers manage risk and drive digital transformation and pursue growth across three business segments:
- Fraud Prevention
- Integrated Risk Management
The leadership team includes:
- Rohit Ghai, RSA’s CEO, continues to lead the company and serve as group CEO across the company’s three divisions.
- William Chisholm, STG’s managing partner and chief investment officer, will serve as chairman of RSA’s board of directors.
- Bill Diaz, former CEO of integrated risk management company Ventiv Technology, also will join RSA as CEO, RSA Archer to lead the company’s integrated risk management business.
A Closer Look at RSA’s Portfolio, Alternatives
RSA delivers a variety of security products, including:
- Archer: Delivers IT, third-party and other risk management capabilities. We’ll be watching RSA’s decision to name a CEO of the Archer business unit closely… …
- NetWitness: Offers threat detection and response, security information and event management (SIEM) and log monitoring. The SIEM sector is growing but increasingly crowded with pure-play cloud services options — such as Microsoft Azure Sentinel and Google Chronicle.
- SecureID: Provides identity and access assurance, multi-factor authentication and other identity and access management (IAM) capabilities. Here again, the market is growing but filled with channel-friendly cloud options — particularly Cisco Duo, Okta, and Ping, among many others.
RSA also offers incident response, cyber defense and other security services designed to help organizations mitigate risk and accelerate digital transformation. Furthermore, RSA hosts the annual RSA Conference; the next RSA Conference is scheduled for May 2021 in San Francisco, California.