UK MSSP Talion Secures Investment, Eyes US Expansion
Talion, a Top 250 MSSP, has received a seven-figure investment from NPIF – Mercia Equity Finance. The MSSP will use the investment to expand its UK operations and target new customers in the United States.
In addition, the funding supports Talion’s mission to provide a platform that helps organizations build and manage their cybersecurity ecosystems, CEO Mike Brown said. It also could help Talion accelerate its growth and achieve its business goals.
BAE Systems launched Talion in 2012 to help protect the Olympic Games in London from cyberattacks. At this time, Talion was known as Sy4 Security.
Talion became a standalone business in April 2020. It is managed by Brown and COO Keven Knight, who previously served as BAE’s head of security.
Talion, since its inception, has pioneered a hybrid approach to cybersecurity, the MSSP said. This approach encourages organizations to have their in-house staff work alongside Talion’s cybersecurity experts within a shared “ecosystem.”
Furthermore, Talion provides “simple and easy-to-consume” security management solutions, including:
- Hybrid SOC and Collaboration: Consists of managed security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) and staff augmentation services.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Leverages a SOC that provides transparency into cyber threats.
- Security Advisory and Testing: Enables organizations to assess and improve their security posture.
- Security Platform Management: Helps organizations simplify and optimize their in-house security operations.
- Threat Intelligence: Provides insights into cyber threat groups and threat advisory bulletins.
Talion employs over 90 staff members at its SOC in Leeds, England. It also has satellite offices in Farnborough, England and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.