Mobile Security Acquisition: Zimperium Buys whiteCryption
This is technology M&A deal number 395 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2021. See all technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here.
With the acquisition, Zimperium will continue to support whiteCryption’s customers, the buyer said. In addition, Zimperium will integrate whiteCryption’s solutions into its Mobile Application Protection Suite (MAPS).
A Closer Look at MAPS
MAPS provides app scanning, app shielding, runtime protection and protection of cryptographic keys, whiteCryption indicated. It includes a threat management dashboard that provides organizations with real-time visibility into cyber threats and the ability to respond to emerging risks and cyberattacks.
Key features of MAPS include:
- In-Development App Scanning: Helps organizations discover and fix compliance, privacy and security issues.
- Advanced Key Protection: Ensures cryptographic keys cannot be discovered, extracted or manipulated.
- Code Protection: Protects applications, intellectual property and data from reverse engineering, code tampering and other potential attacks.
- On-Device Threat Detection: Provides threat visibility and on-device runtime protection against device, network, phishing and malware attacks.
- Unified Mobile Application Protection: Delivers unified management and threat visibility into risks and attacks detected from development to runtime.
whiteCryption supports Zimperium’s mission to make MAPS “the world’s most advanced mobile application protection solution,” the company said. It enables organizations to use MAPS to gain insights into cyber threats and develop and maintain zero trust environments.
What Is Zimperium?
Zimperium helps organizations protect mobile applications and endpoints against cyberattacks. The company’s mobile security technology is built on a machine learning-based engine that can stop zero-day threats in the wild without an update.
Meanwhile, Zimperium is backed by Warburg Pincus, SoftBank, Samsung, Sierra Ventures and Telstra Ventures. Zimperium also provides the zPartner Program, which enables channel partners to integrate the company’s mobile security technology into their offerings.