Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 01 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MDR Security Services: NTT Security has launched Managed Detection and Response (MDR), powered by Samurai XDR. For clients in any industry, Samurai MDR delivers 24/7 threat monitoring, threat hunting and response from NTT’s Security Operation Center.
2. Integrations – MDR Services: Red Canary now integrates with Amazon GuardDuty, Microsoft Office 365, and Dragos to deliver “MDR everywhere” capabilities, the company asserts.
3. Integration – XDR and Identity Management: SentinelOne XDR Response now integrates with Okta, “enabling security teams to quickly respond to credential compromise and identity-based attacks,” the two companies said.
4. Partnership: Mandiant and Interos have partnered to provide “advanced insights and analysis to help enterprises defend against cyber attacks and other threats to their operational resilience,” the two companies said. Meanwhile, Google Cloud is in the process of acquiring Mandiant — though the U.S. Department of Justice is taking a look at the pending M&A deal.
5. SaaS Application Security – Partner Program: AppOmni has expanded its channel partner program to Australia and New Zealand.
6. Security and Machine Learning: onShore Security has announced a new machine learning cluster for its Panoptic Cyberdefense platform. The cluster will deliver better anomaly detection, a shorter window of time for zero-day detection, and quicker profiling of client data during on-boarding, onShore asserted.
7. SD-WAN and SASE Training: Aryaka has launched an all-new Aryaka Certified Partner (ACP) online training and certification program for sales agents, value-added resellers (VARs) and managed services providers (MSPs) that are part of the Aryaka Accelerate Channel Partner Program.
8. Hanesbrands Ransomware Attack: Hanesbrands — owner of such brands as Hanes and Champion — has hired a third-party cybersecurity forensic firm to investigate a ransomware attack against the clothing and apparel company.
9. Funding – Email Security: Vade has raised roughly $30 million from various sources. Moreover, the email security company “intends to proceed with a new, more substantial round of financing in the coming months,” Vade indicated — though specific details were not disclosed.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar