Hanesbrands Ransomware Attack, Forensic Investigation Details
Preliminary details about the Hanesbrands ransomware attack surfaced in an SEC filing. Among the factoids to note:
- Hanesbrands suffered the attack on May 24, 2022 and activated its incident response and business continuity plans designed to contain the incident.
- The company’s forensic investigation and assessment of the impact of the cyberattack is ongoing.
- Hanesbrands notified law enforcement authorities.
- Legal counsel, a cybersecurity forensic firm, and other incident response professionals have been engaged.
- The company does not yet know whether the attack will have a material impact on its business, operations or financial results.
Hanesbrands did not disclose the ransomware group’s name, which systems were hit, and whether the clothing company suffered any IT outages. The company also did not disclose the name of the cybersecurity forensic firm that it has hired.
Hansebrands: Clothing and Apparel Business Details
Hanesbrands owns such brands as Hanes, Champion, Playtex, Bali, L’eggs, Just My Size, Barely There, Wonderbra, Duofold, Celebrity, Maidenform, Berlei, Bonds, and Zorba.
Hanesbrands has 59,000 employees across 33 countries. The company’s net sales from continuing operations were $1.58 billion for Q1 of 2022, up 5% from Q1 of 2021.