Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. US Election Security: The Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) cyber wing has lined up an election day virtual war room to alert state and local voting officials of cyber intrusion attempts by foreign adversaries, a report says.
2. Talent – MSSP CEO: Trustwave, a Top 250 MSSP owned by telecommunications company Singtel, has hired Eric Harmon as its CEO. Harmon succeeds Art Wong, who is stepping down after leading Trustwave as CEO since 2018.
3. Top 10 Security Projects for 2021: Gartner’s forecast is here.
4. Privacy – Facial Recognization Technology: Portland, Oregon, banned facial recognition technology in public places. Here’s why.
5. Security Management: Ivanti Unified Endpoint Manager and Ivanti User Workspace Manager have gained new capabilities in such areas as:
- Patch automation and agentless vulnerability scanning;
- macOS and iOS management;
- remote control;
- Linux management and agent settings; and
- enhanced Modern Device Management (MDM).
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar