Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP and Application Security: The Application Security Division of NTT has unveiled The WhiteHat Vantage Platform, a SaaS-based solution that allows developers and security teams to more effectively and efficiently test application security, the company indicates.
3. Funding – Supply Chain Security: Chainguard has $5 million in a Seed Funding round led by Amplify Partners and multiple angel investors.
4. Funding – Integration Platform as a Service: Celigo has raised $48 million in Series C funding to optimize end-to-end business automation for mid-market companies. The funding round was led by OMERS Growth Equity and joined by NewSpring Capital.
5. Funding – Secure IoT: Crosspoint Capital Partners led a $50 million Series C investment in Afero, a provider of turnkey Internet of Things (IoT) Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions. The Home Depot also participated in the investment round.
7. Zero Trust: Zscaler announced general availability of its new Workload Communications solution, which extends Zero Trust security to workloads and applications hosted in public clouds.
10. Partnership – Multi-Factor Authentication: TraitWare will provide Real Passwordless MFA to customers’ Keeper vaults with additional SSO authentication, thereby replacing access via a master password. The move enables businesses to deploy a passwordless MFA login to their Keeper Vault in minutes, the companies said.
11. Ransomware Attack – Vestas Data Leaked: Personal data stolen from Vestas in November 2021 has been made public, the wind turbine maker disclosed on December 8, according to Reuters.
12. Ransomware Attacks Australia Utility: Chinese government hackers were behind a breach at CS Energy, which is owned by the Queensland state in northeast Australia, Reuters reported.