Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. What Is Privacy Management for Microsoft 365?: Details are here.
2. Hacking Tool Regulations: The U.S. Commerce Department announced new rules intended to curb the sale of offensive cybersecurity products to some countries with “authoritarian” practices, according to a Federal Register submission noted by Reuters.
3. Log Management and SIEM: Graylog has unveiled Graylog Security — which blends SIEM, anomaly detection, and user entity behavior analytics (UEBA) capabilities. Graylog’s partner program includes MSSPs.
4. Application Security: Checkmarx has launched the Checkmarx Application Security Platform to “help CISOs, AppSec teams, and developers address the growing and dynamic security challenges they face,” the company said.
5. DDoS Attack Mitigation: Radware has added encrypted protection capabilities as part of its DDoS protection solution. The new capabilities “maximize visibility and control, and customize their cyber defense strategies against encrypted DDoS attacks,” the company asserted.
6. Secure Mobile Networking: CyberReef has added App Throttling to the MobileWall cloud-based firewall solution. The throttling capability enables “application management, data usage management and cost control for organizations using MobileWall secure mobile networks,” the company said.
7. Funding – Online Fraud Prevention: ThreatMark has completed a new $3 million funding round led by Springtide Ventures. Also, Daniel Rawlings is now president and CEO.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Integrations and Strategic Alliances
2. Integration: Forescout and Tanium are integrating their network and and endpoint solutions to offer “real-time visibility and control across the extended enterprise: campus, datacenter, remote workers, cloud, mobile, OT and IoT,” the two companies said.
3. Partnership – Cybersecurity Training: Cybrary and Check Point Software are partnering to “provide cybersecurity professionals the training and resources they need to develop their skill sets within an ever-evolving business and threat landscape,” the two companies said.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 27, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar